Homemade GSXR Exhaust - Page 3 - HomemadeTurbo - DIY Turbo Forum
HomemadeTurbo - DIY Turbo Forum


General Discussion Off-Topic Discussion and Enlightenment

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-25-2008, 10:05 PM   #21
3.0 BAR
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 9,286
Default Re: Homemade GSXR Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by random-strike
Holy ---- man! There must have been crowds and crowds of people around your bike after they seen that sweet *** exhaust. That GSXR750 can definitely haul some *** now!!
only reason he did it was to match your 55mpg
buk9tp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:55 PM   #22
1.0 BAR
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 536
Default Re: Homemade GSXR Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwig
I'm thinking about doing an exhaust for my bike, except I'd do mine for fuel economy. It came with some gay aftermarket can and now I'm lucky to get 45mpg when stock you get like 52mpg. 7mpg for like 8hp, no thank you.
what do you ride?
i mean just a pipe to gain 8hp and loose 7mpg is allot
only bikes i can think of that are that plugged up from the factory are harleys
witch only have like 45hp from the factory but a filter,slipon,and ecu flash gets you to arround 65hp
but they get like 45mpg from the factory and the mods don't hurt more than 2-3mpg
cornfuzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:26 AM   #23
0.0 BAR
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 0
Default Re: Homemade GSXR Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornfuzed
what do you ride?
i mean just a pipe to gain 8hp and loose 7mpg is allot
only bikes i can think of that are that plugged up from the factory are harleys
witch only have like 45hp from the factory but a filter,slipon,and ecu flash gets you to arround 65hp
but they get like 45mpg from the factory and the mods don't hurt more than 2-3mpg
which harleys

J-SMITH69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:34 AM   #24
3.0 BAR
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 5,322
Default Re: Homemade GSXR Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornfuzed
what do you ride?
i mean just a pipe to gain 8hp and loose 7mpg is allot
only bikes i can think of that are that plugged up from the factory are harleys
witch only have like 45hp from the factory but a filter,slipon,and ecu flash gets you to arround 65hp
but they get like 45mpg from the factory and the mods don't hurt more than 2-3mpg
I could be wrong (though I highly doubt it), but I don't see freeing up the flow as causing a noticeable difference in mileage. I have 2.25" exhaust ripped from my last CRX on my current one. Mileage will still be the same, and it will be just as slow. Only difference from freeing up exhaust should be better throttle response and a little more power from not having to be pushed through the cat...

8hp isn't going to cost another 7mpg.

Where do you base your information?
Jorsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:19 AM   #25
1.0 BAR
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 536
Default Re: Homemade GSXR Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorsher
I could be wrong (though I highly doubt it), but I don't see freeing up the flow as causing a noticeable difference in mileage. I have 2.25" exhaust ripped from my last CRX on my current one. Mileage will still be the same, and it will be just as slow. Only difference from freeing up exhaust should be better throttle response and a little more power from not having to be pushed through the cat...

8hp isn't going to cost another 7mpg.

Where do you base your information?
i didn't say that it would hurt it 8mpg that was the other guy
but yes freeing up the exhaust dose make you burn more gas
thats why on a carbed bike or car when you open up the exhaust or air filter it runs leaner than optimal so you have to ritchen it up to be stoich
and at that point since you are putting more fuel in the engine the millage will go down
but again not that much
cornfuzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:28 AM   #26
1.0 BAR
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 536
Default Re: Homemade GSXR Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by random-strike
which harleys

the tc88's and tc96's for the most part (if i remember correct my dads 2005 heritage with tc88b and delfi efi made 46whp and 68ft-lbs and with a screaming eagle stage 1 kit (slipons,air filter,breather kit,and 7200rpm 8degree timing advance) and it was making arround 76whp (@ 6250rpm) and 84ft-lbs (from like 2700rpm-3300rpm) and it was running lean so with stage 1 350cc injectors and a custom flash and mls head gaskets and it was putting down 81whp and 83ft-lbs of torque it has since recieved a cam and larger throttle body to take advantage of the 7200rpm fuel cutoff and it made almost 90whp and 95ft-lbs before he sold it for a 2007 heritage (he wanted the 96inch and 6 speed) and it made like 51whp and 76ft-lbs stock and same mods (except for the cam as he has yet to order it) and it's making 103whp and 110ft-lbs with 11.5:1 pistons and a cam and he is hopping for 120whp and 120ft-lbs
(also right now with the stock cam it's only pulling hard to 5500 but it's chipped to 6650rpm fuel cutoff)
cornfuzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:29 AM   #27
WTF
3.0 BAR
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,058
Default Re: Homemade GSXR Exhaust

i thought only california bikes had cats.. anyways i like it, i gota get a smaller pipe for my bike stock ***** huge
WTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 03:04 AM   #28
3.0 BAR
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 5,839
Default Re: Homemade GSXR Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornfuzed
the tc88's and tc96's for the most part (if i remember correct my dads 2005 heritage with tc88b and delfi efi made 46whp and 68ft-lbs and with a screaming eagle stage 1 kit (slipons,air filter,breather kit,and 7200rpm 8degree timing advance) and it was making arround 76whp (@ 6250rpm) and 84ft-lbs (from like 2700rpm-3300rpm) and it was running lean so with stage 1 350cc injectors and a custom flash and mls head gaskets and it was putting down 81whp and 83ft-lbs of torque it has since recieved a cam and larger throttle body to take advantage of the 7200rpm fuel cutoff and it made almost 90whp and 95ft-lbs before he sold it for a 2007 heritage (he wanted the 96inch and 6 speed) and it made like 51whp and 76ft-lbs stock and same mods (except for the cam as he has yet to order it) and it's making 103whp and 110ft-lbs with 11.5:1 pistons and a cam and he is hopping for 120whp and 120ft-lbs
(also right now with the stock cam it's only pulling hard to 5500 but it's chipped to 6650rpm fuel cutoff)
harleys are ------- worthless i think i hate them more then GM cars
88dx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 03:12 AM   #29
1.0 BAR
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 536
Default Re: Homemade GSXR Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88dx
harleys are ------- worthless i think i hate them more then GM cars
yeah but thats what the old man wanted least i could do is make it not be a complete piece of ----
cornfuzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 03:20 AM   #30
0.0 BAR
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 0
Default Re: Homemade GSXR Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
i thought only california bikes had cats.. anyways i like it, i gota get a smaller pipe for my bike stock ***** huge

Nope, all newer bikes are going to have cat's. The California GSXR's do have more emission stuff than just a cat.
Reddy is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"spacing out" GSXR 750 ITBS... DA-MAX Hybrid/Tech 0 12-09-2005 01:02 PM
That video of the guy racing the GSXR in His CRX redhondacivic69 General Discussion 6 10-09-2005 03:46 PM
CRX HF vs GSXR 750 Tom-Guy General Discussion 62 09-24-2005 07:46 PM
GSXR throttle bodies Reddy Wanted 3 05-26-2005 11:29 PM
WTB: GSXR Throttle bodies or Others..... digital sol Wanted 3 02-03-2005 01:54 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 PM.


Copyright 2017 HomemadeTurbo.com We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.