Vaccum is low - HomemadeTurbo - DIY Turbo Forum

Forced Induction Custom FI Setup Questions

Vaccum is low

Old 12-28-2008, 07:10 PM
  #1  
0.5 BAR
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 107
Default Vaccum is low

The vaccum is on 20 when I have the turbo vacuum line connect directly to the wastegate.

but when I hook the turbo vaccum to the vaccum manifold, along with the wastegate vaccum.
it reads 5 on the vaccum/boost gauge?

Is that normal?

inthad is offline  
Old 12-29-2008, 03:01 AM
  #2  
3.0 BAR
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,967
Default Re: Vaccum is low

Yeah because you just created a huge vacuum leak by doing that. If you want to run the wastegate off the manifold, plug the line coming off the turbo.
E-b0la is offline  
Old 12-29-2008, 10:57 AM
  #3  
0.5 BAR
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 107
Default Re: Vaccum is low

Originally Posted by E-b0la
Yeah because you just created a huge vacuum leak by doing that. If you want to run the wastegate off the manifold, plug the line coming off the turbo.
oh, ok thanks that makes sense.
will this make any difference in power?
or is it the same
inthad is offline  
Old 12-29-2008, 05:21 PM
  #4  
1.0 BAR
 
BoostForLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Renton, WA
Posts: 636
Default Re: Vaccum is low

vacuum leak = boost leak also
BoostForLife is offline  
Old 12-29-2008, 08:46 PM
  #5  
0.0 BAR
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 0
Default Re: Vaccum is low

Originally Posted by inthad
oh, ok thanks that makes sense.
will this make any difference in power?
or is it the same
yeah it means your gonna actually get your full boost alot sooner then before if you even got full before.
J-MAN is offline  
Old 12-30-2008, 10:04 PM
  #6  
3.0 BAR
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: texas
Posts: 2,598
Default Re: Vaccum is low

boost spikes are harder to control with it getting a signal from the manifold
txdohczc is offline  
Old 01-01-2009, 03:52 AM
  #7  
1.5 BAR
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 723
Default Re: Vaccum is low

Lets just make this easy on you. I have 2 blown motors, you can take your pick + $15, and then give me your motor. You seem to be on the path to a blown motor anyways, this will save you time AND money to your goal. And I'll get a motor - we all stand to benifit.

Seriously, have you thought about how air moves relative to the throttle body after it goes through the air filter?
HiProfile is offline  
Old 01-01-2009, 11:30 PM
  #8  
0.0 BAR
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 30
Default Re: Vaccum is low

Originally Posted by HiProfile
Lets just make this easy on you. I have 2 blown motors, you can take your pick + $15, and then give me your motor. You seem to be on the path to a blown motor anyways, this will save you time AND money to your goal. And I'll get a motor - we all stand to benifit.

Seriously, have you thought about how air moves relative to the throttle body after it goes through the air filter?
lol, for real. i got one too if you need another blown one because thats really the way your heading
eghatch95 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
sgoertz
Turbo Parts For Sale
6
01-06-2006 11:21 AM
zlthomps
Forced Induction
7
08-04-2004 05:51 PM
jake2001z001
General Discussion
20
04-08-2004 04:47 AM
bambooseven
Turbo Parts For Sale
30
01-15-2004 02:24 PM
Turboman
Forced Induction
8
05-29-2003 05:08 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vaccum is low


Contact Us Sitemap Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.