Engine Management eCtune , Crome , AFC , FMU , Zdyne , Hondata , EMS , TE , Uberdata Anything to control your fuel, spark needs!

wideband, datalogging questions

Old 08-26-2005, 09:34 PM
  #1  
1.5 BAR
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,460
Default wideband, datalogging questions

just finished the HMT kit, and once i get this stupid oil leak taken care of (drain flange), i want to set up datalogging, because its running pig ------- rich off my basemap. moates' site has just the bosch sensor.. could i buy that and use it as the only O2, (for closed loop and datalogging)? or do you need the whole plx kit with the controller and all? Im using uber 1.7 Also, what other cheap alternatives are there to spending $400 for a wideband? this ---- needs to be tuned
sohcpwr is offline  
Old 08-26-2005, 09:59 PM
  #2  
3.0 BAR
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 6,449
Default Re: wideband, datalogging questions

Originally Posted by sohcpwr
just finished the HMT kit, and once i get this stupid oil leak taken care of (drain flange), i want to set up datalogging, because its running pig ------- rich off my basemap. moates' site has just the bosch sensor.. could i buy that and use it as the only O2, (for closed loop and datalogging)? or do you need the whole plx kit with the controller and all? Im using uber 1.7 Also, what other cheap alternatives are there to spending $400 for a wideband? this ---- needs to be tuned
No you cant just use the sensor...you need a wideband controller to go along with it.

The LC-1 is a nice unit wich can be had for under $200

If you need one, let me know...I can hook it up

http://innovatemotorsports.com/products/lc1.php

There is a little info on it.

Chris
Chris Harris is offline  
Old 08-27-2005, 12:16 AM
  #3  
3.0 BAR
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,656
Default Re: wideband, datalogging questions

Yeah i need to get a wideband soon as well. What options are there because all those kits where you piece things together confuse the ---- out of me. So if someone could tell me what to buy or find a whole wideband setup for cheap that'd be great.
JDMFantasy2K is offline  
Old 08-27-2005, 03:19 AM
  #4  
0.5 BAR
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 93
Default Re: wideband, datalogging questions

Originally Posted by JDMFantasy2K
Yeah i need to get a wideband soon as well. What options are there because all those kits where you piece things together confuse the ---- out of me. So if someone could tell me what to buy or find a whole wideband setup for cheap that'd be great.
The post right above yours is a link to a wideband that xenocron posted for $200. You don't have to piece anything together just wire everything up, set up your laptop and datalogging and go tuning.

Also, buy from Chris he rocks !
Almighty-Si is offline  
Old 08-27-2005, 11:09 AM
  #5  
3.0 BAR
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,656
Default Re: wideband, datalogging questions

not to sound like a retard but all i see is an O2 sensor and a cable. Where's the nice little digi display that tells you if your motor is about to grenade itself?
JDMFantasy2K is offline  
Old 08-27-2005, 11:35 AM
  #6  
1.5 BAR
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,460
Default Re: wideband, datalogging questions

thats sweet!! JDMfantasy2k-- it has an output to convert those shitty, a/f gauges that dont work when their hooked up to your stock sensor. so you'd just have to buy one of those, or VDO makes a digital one i think. Chris, ill probably hit you up for one of those next wednesday when i get paid. thanx alot

anybody have a diagram of how to wire on obd 1 systems? would i use this as my only o2, or just add an extra bung in my dp to tune with? when i chipped my ecu, i put the pins in cn2 or something like that for datalogging. thats the output to the computer right? so the wideband gets wired to the stock o2 sensor wires? im kinda confused on this, putting the supra injectors in was already too much wireing.
sohcpwr is offline  
Old 08-27-2005, 03:30 PM
  #7  
3.0 BAR
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 6,449
Default Re: wideband, datalogging questions

The LC-1 is really handy for under $199. No it doesnt come with a fancy guage but you can add the XD-1 which is pretty trick and that complete system is $399 or the LM-1 with its built in display for $349.

It comes with wiring instructions and its fairly easy to install if you have a basic understanding of DC electronics.

You can use it as your only O2 has it has narrowband simulation output as well as a wideband output.

You would hook the Wideband output to (pin D14 I believe) your OBD1 harness...cutting the old wire from the stock O2, not just splicing in. then yes, hook a serial or usb datalogging cable to CN2 and then datalog with a laptop using Uber/Crome/TurboEdit.

You can also log using Innovates free software, LogWorks which gives you an on screen display of the AFRs.

Originally Posted by sohcpwr
thats sweet!! JDMfantasy2k-- it has an output to convert those shitty, a/f gauges that dont work when their hooked up to your stock sensor. so you'd just have to buy one of those, or VDO makes a digital one i think. Chris, ill probably hit you up for one of those next wednesday when i get paid. thanx alot

anybody have a diagram of how to wire on obd 1 systems? would i use this as my only o2, or just add an extra bung in my dp to tune with? when i chipped my ecu, i put the pins in cn2 or something like that for datalogging. thats the output to the computer right? so the wideband gets wired to the stock o2 sensor wires? im kinda confused on this, putting the supra injectors in was already too much wireing.
Chris Harris is offline  
Old 08-27-2005, 06:36 PM
  #8  
3.0 BAR
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,656
Default Re: wideband, datalogging questions

Ok so in theory, i could yank out my piece of ---- narrowband O2 sensor, throw in that wideband, and then monitor it with my current narrowband A/F gauge? What would be required to do this? Sorry i'm asking dipshit questions but this stuff kinda confuses me.
JDMFantasy2K is offline  
Old 08-27-2005, 07:17 PM
  #9  
0.5 BAR
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 93
Default Re: wideband, datalogging questions

Originally Posted by JDMFantasy2K
Ok so in theory, i could yank out my piece of ---- narrowband O2 sensor, throw in that wideband, and then monitor it with my current narrowband A/F gauge? What would be required to do this? Sorry i'm asking dipshit questions but this stuff kinda confuses me.
Yes you can yank out the narrowband and No you can't monitor it with your narrowband A/F Gauge. If you want a gauge to monitor the A/F then you are going to have to pay $399 for the wideband controller and the gauge.
Almighty-Si is offline  
Old 08-27-2005, 07:30 PM
  #10  
3.0 BAR
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 6,449
Default Re: wideband, datalogging questions

Well...you can 'monitor' it to a point with a narrowband gauge. But you can tune using it. Seeing as you have to use a laptop to tune with, you can see the actual WB A/F readings using something like Crome or ECU Control that will read the AFRs or again, use the LogWorks software Innovate provides free of charge.
Chris Harris is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: wideband, datalogging questions


Contact Us - Sitemap - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.