Engine Management eCtune , Crome , AFC , FMU , Zdyne , Hondata , EMS , TE , Uberdata Anything to control your fuel, spark needs!

p05 error code. FIXED! THANKS MADMAX

Old 12-23-2006, 09:19 PM
  #1  
3.0 BAR
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 4,403
Default p05 error code. FIXED! THANKS MADMAX

i got a chipped p05 + vtec and im getting a code 20. i searched around pgmfi.org but no leads. someone there said they disabled the o2 heater but that doesnt solve my issue. any tips would be good. i added q30 transistor also, no luck. also is there a way to disable the vtec circutry w/o having to remove all the parts i added? just for troubleshooting purposes.... thanks
RENR is offline  
Old 12-24-2006, 12:18 AM
  #2  
!! UNCONFIRMED EMAIL !!
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 6,656
Default Re: p05 error code.

yeah cut J10... think that will bypass VTEC...

wait..code 20? that the electrical load detector...just disable it in CROME...
turbohf is offline  
Old 12-24-2006, 12:36 AM
  #3  
0.0 BAR
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 0
Default Re: p05 error code.

I've had a couple ECUs that always threw a CEL 20 when you jumpered the diagnostic plug, but they didn't set a CEL on the dash.

Tom-Guy is offline  
Old 12-24-2006, 01:43 PM
  #4  
3.0 BAR
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 4,403
Default Re: p05 error code.

Originally Posted by turbohf
yeah cut J10... think that will bypass VTEC...

wait..code 20? that the electrical load detector...just disable it in CROME...
it is disabled. its confusing the crap out of me. ill try cutting j10 and see if it works ok. then ill know if its something i fucked up when i added the vtec parts.
RENR is offline  
Old 12-25-2006, 10:25 AM
  #5  
3.0 BAR
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,049
Default Re: p05 error code.

Originally Posted by turbohf
yeah cut J10... think that will bypass VTEC...

wait..code 20? that the electrical load detector...just disable it in CROME...
I thought J10 just made it possible to run one switch rather than run two 5150's in series.
Cray91 is offline  
Old 12-25-2006, 07:35 PM
  #6  
0.0 BAR
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 0
Default Re: p05 error code.

Amusing to watch you take ECU advice from someone who doesn't know what they are talking about, in a thread I posted my commentary in.

J10 has zero to do with CEL 20, dildoes.
Tom-Guy is offline  
Old 12-26-2006, 02:03 AM
  #7  
3.0 BAR
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 4,403
Default Re: p05 error code.

either way, it didnt work. ....

i tried a different bin on crome and the cell went away. so i uploaded a different bin and i got a cell. tried this several times and it works with some and not with others. weird ----. same code. ill be hooking it up to the ostrich tomorrow and see what changes it doesnt like with rtp. dam p05.

also, the code may not be eld. i get two long solid lights, then an extremely short flicker. i cant 100% say its a short light, its too short, the light doesnt come on fully. im not sure its a code 21. i know theres nothing with the vtec solenoid, no codes with the stock p28. it may just be a gliche? anyone seen that before?

RENR is offline  
Old 12-26-2006, 03:45 AM
  #8  
0.0 BAR
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 0
Default Re: p05 error code.

Originally Posted by RENR
either way, it didnt work. ....

i tried a different bin on crome and the cell went away. so i uploaded a different bin and i got a cell. tried this several times and it works with some and not with others. weird ----. same code. ill be hooking it up to the ostrich tomorrow and see what changes it doesnt like with rtp. dam p05.

also, the code may not be eld. i get two long solid lights, then an extremely short flicker. i cant 100% say its a short light, its too short, the light doesnt come on fully. im not sure its a code 21. i know theres nothing with the vtec solenoid, no codes with the stock p28. it may just be a gliche? anyone seen that before?


RENE, it's probably code 21. Is it a 1720 board? They flash the single digits really fast unlike the 11F0 boards.


0b00st0 is offline  
Old 12-26-2006, 04:17 AM
  #9  
3.0 BAR
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 4,403
Default Re: p05 error code.

Originally Posted by MADMAX

RENE, it's probably code 21. Is it a 1720 board? They flash the single digits really fast unlike the 11F0 boards.


your right it is. so then what does that mean? somethings bad with the chipping right? what would cause that to happen in a p05 and not in the p28?
RENR is offline  
Old 12-26-2006, 04:49 AM
  #10  
0.0 BAR
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 0
Default Re: p05 error code.

Originally Posted by RENR
your right it is. so then what does that mean? somethings bad with the chipping right? what would cause that to happen in a p05 and not in the p28?

Did you set up the resistors in RM11 correctly.

1-2 10K
2-3 51K
3-8 12K

Also make sure the transistor in Q26 is in the correct way, not backwards.


Just recheck everything and then see how it goes.

0b00st0 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: p05 error code. FIXED! THANKS MADMAX


Contact Us - Sitemap - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.