Engine Management eCtune , Crome , AFC , FMU , Zdyne , Hondata , EMS , TE , Uberdata Anything to control your fuel, spark needs!

DE-CHIPPING ECU!!!!! for smog..

Old 12-26-2004, 07:47 PM
  #1  
0.0 BAR
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 0
Default DE-CHIPPING ECU!!!!! for smog..

Ok i need to smog my car next week... and i put all the stock ---- back on... but i removed the jumper and my ECU is throwing a code now (CODE 3) for P28.... do i need to leave the chip in there or remove it with the jumper...

and would i be able to pass smog with the ECU this way.
traff1c is offline  
Old 12-26-2004, 08:23 PM
  #2  
3.0 BAR
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,975
Default Re:DE-CHIPPING ECU!!!!! for smog..

Originally Posted by --------
Ok i need to smog my car next week... and i put all the stock ---- back on... but i removed the jumper and my ECU is throwing a code now (CODE 3) for P28.... do i need to leave the chip in there or remove it with the jumper...

and would i be able to pass smog with the ECU this way.
you should just cut the jumper for it to work.
the code 3 is map. you check the sensor?
if not, have donald burn you a stock p28 chip.
i have a p06 you can run also.
whiterice is offline  
Old 12-26-2004, 08:35 PM
  #3  
0.0 BAR
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 0
Default Re:DE-CHIPPING ECU!!!!! for smog..

I dont think its the MAP sensor cause its reading fine. and i plugged the 450's back in and it turned on fine with no CEL...

SO im just gonna use my bro's stock P28.. and if it still throws a code ill just unplug the damn light...
traff1c is offline  
Old 12-26-2004, 09:16 PM
  #4  
1.5 BAR
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,008
Default Re:DE-CHIPPING ECU!!!!! for smog..

if you're obd1 and have to pass smog by rollers then just burn a much leaner map and open your wastegate...keep your 450's in. if it's obd2 you have to go back to your obd2 ecu, plug stock inj back in, and repin the ecu harness.
scttydb411 is offline  
Old 12-27-2004, 07:19 AM
  #5  
3.0 BAR
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 6,449
Default Re:DE-CHIPPING ECU!!!!! for smog..

Originally Posted by scttydb411
if you're obd1 and have to pass smog by rollers then just burn a much leaner map and open your wastegate...keep your 450's in. if it's obd2 you have to go back to your obd2 ecu, plug stock inj back in, and repin the ecu harness.
this wont work...lean it out, and your NOx values will go through the roof
Chris Harris is offline  
Old 12-27-2004, 06:40 PM
  #6  
0.0 BAR
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 0
Default Re:DE-CHIPPING ECU!!!!! for smog..

removing the jumper at j1 should return ecu to stock
Guy-Fast is offline  
Old 12-28-2004, 08:10 PM
  #7  
1.5 BAR
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,008
Default Re:DE-CHIPPING ECU!!!!! for smog..

Originally Posted by xenocron
Originally Posted by scttydb411
if you're obd1 and have to pass smog by rollers then just burn a much leaner map and open your wastegate...keep your 450's in. if it's obd2 you have to go back to your obd2 ecu, plug stock inj back in, and repin the ecu harness.
this wont work...lean it out, and your NOx values will go through the roof
what i meant is make a map that is open loop tuned/closed loop disabled for 14.5-14.9 and no boost w/ open wastegate...it'll be all good then instead of richening up from 20hg to 0.
scttydb411 is offline  
Old 12-28-2004, 09:58 PM
  #8  
0.0 BAR
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 0
Default Re:DE-CHIPPING ECU!!!!! for smog..

Theres something really fucked up with it... The engine is running and i unplug the MAP sensor and the car is still running.... And the SAFC is still reading it... my guess is that it got disconnected going from the SAFC to the ECU... its happend before... the car was bogging like crazy/./.. but its raining outside... and its too cold to fix it right now..

I need to fix that ---- cause god damn... my gas milage sucks... half a tank for only 66 miles...
traff1c is offline  
Old 12-29-2004, 04:04 AM
  #9  
3.0 BAR
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,207
Default Re:DE-CHIPPING ECU!!!!! for smog..

Originally Posted by --------
Theres something really fucked up with it... The engine is running and i unplug the MAP sensor and the car is still running.... And the SAFC is still reading it... my guess is that it got disconnected going from the SAFC to the ECU... its happend before... the car was bogging like crazy/./.. but its raining outside... and its too cold to fix it right now..

I need to fix that ---- cause god damn... my gas milage sucks... half a tank for only 66 miles...
damn you get that far with ur car running like ----? im lucky if i get that with my car running right, it eats gas like a bitch. thats why i dont drive it as much anymore... jus bring it out when we get called out or sumthin.
turboDA6 is offline  
Old 12-29-2004, 01:17 PM
  #10  
3.0 BAR
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 6,279
Default Re:DE-CHIPPING ECU!!!!! for smog..

just cut the jumper won`t work unless u put the stock injectors back.

last time when i did mine.
i took the whole kit out. keep the 450s in
burn a p28 map and scale it with UB.
with two cat it pased kinda easily. but still runs a little lean (pretty high NOx)
BTW bamboo still has the burner. :P

leaning it out too much will make a lot more NOx and you would still fail.
Donald125 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DE-CHIPPING ECU!!!!! for smog..


Contact Us - Sitemap - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.