another 500.00 well spent - HomemadeTurbo - DIY Turbo Forum

General Discussion Off-Topic Discussion and Enlightenment

another 500.00 well spent

Reply

 
 
 
Old 09-08-2004, 02:31 PM
  #1  
0.0 BAR
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Mile High--HMT
Posts: 0
Default another 500.00 well spent

even though its not a honda,I was out garage saleing last
Sat looking for what ever I could use or just to spend
money and this elderly lady came out with a for sale sign
and put it on one of her cars with a price of 500.00.the car is a 95 dodge sprint,v6 auto, plush interior,dark
maroon in color,new goodyear tires,and no dents or dings
and only 40,276 original miles yes 40,276 miles.I asked her
if she made a mistake on the price,she said no is that too much.quickly i handed over the money. question,do u think i took advantage of her. I'd much rather drive this in the
winter than my HB
hatrack48 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 02:33 PM
  #2  
3.0 BAR
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,369
Default Re:another 500.00 well spent

Shoulda offer her $250 because when you start it you can hear the muffler bearing rattle, also the halogen needs to be topped up in the headlights. :P

Turbo that bitch and put some spring expanders in the springs and some big meaty tires, oh and possibly some 5" round lights bolted to the bumper and it sounds like you got a winter beater
spoon fed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 02:37 PM
  #3  
0.0 BAR
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Mile High--HMT
Posts: 0
Default Re:another 500.00 well spent

I'm thinking HEMI
hatrack48 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 02:38 PM
  #4  
3.0 BAR
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,369
Default Re:another 500.00 well spent

there is a golf in this months Sport Compact with a 32V Northstar in it
spoon fed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 02:50 PM
  #5  
1.5 BAR
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 996
Default Re:another 500.00 well spent

Originally Posted by spoon fed
there is a golf in this months Sport Compact with a 32V Northstar in it
that ---- was badass..can u say massive torque . and it was supposively a fairly straightforward swap
91dxcrx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 02:52 PM
  #6  
3.0 BAR
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,369
Default Re:another 500.00 well spent

I drove an Aurora with that motor and it was BADASS!!!! its ------ flew!! i can just imagine in a car that light
spoon fed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 03:04 PM
  #7  
3.0 BAR
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,751
Default Re:another 500.00 well spent

The stupid people who lived at my Sisters town house left a 1st gen Toy. MR2 behind. Engine in apart and body is rotting but it still has potential. Went on Car Domain, found on with a Northstar in it. Read up on it and now me and her fiance have a new project. I'm into mostly imports and he's into domestics so we are going to try to put 2 and 2 together!

Either that I will take it and toss in a new motor and turbo the bitch. I know some came with supperchargers but I still like the hassle of ------ around and trying to make a turbo fit and work.
bumblezc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 04:45 PM
  #8  
1.0 BAR
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 253
Default Re:another 500.00 well spent

Originally Posted by bumblezc
Either that I will take it and toss in a new motor and turbo the bitch. I know some came with supperchargers but I still like the hassle of ------ around and trying to make a turbo fit and work.
Yes sir, that'd be the 4AGZE:



Only not that one...US MR2 got the suckass AFM + dizzy 140HP GZE while that one is MAP + DLI. Not to mention forged bottom end...

-Tim
TekPhobia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 06:21 PM
  #9  
0.0 BAR
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 0
Default Re:another 500.00 well spent

Originally Posted by spoon fed
Shoulda offer her $250
OMG, I'm down for "the hussle", but an old lady? That's weak.
It sounds like you may have come up more than me, but not without pics. :P (what were you thinkin?) Oh, and you didn't rip her off cause that's the first price she said.
MikeJ-2009 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 08:15 PM
  #10  
1.0 BAR
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 403
Default Re:another 500.00 well spent

Originally Posted by hatrack48
even though its not a honda,I was out garage saleing last
Sat looking for what ever I could use or just to spend
money and this elderly lady came out with a for sale sign
and put it on one of her cars with a price of 500.00.the car is a 95 dodge sprint,v6 auto, plush interior,dark
maroon in color,new goodyear tires,and no dents or dings
and only 40,276 original miles yes 40,276 miles.I asked her
if she made a mistake on the price,she said no is that too much.quickly i handed over the money. question,do u think i took advantage of her. I'd much rather drive this in the
winter than my HB
Too bad it wasn't the turbo spirit with the turbo 3 motor those bitches had 225 hp. 230 tq. with 12 or 13 psi forged crank and rods.....anyway I have seen dodge turbo v6's with 300hp and only like 8psi.
typert is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
SkunT
General Discussion
22
08-02-2008 06:25 PM
buk9tp
General Discussion
16
09-28-2007 10:22 AM
BigD
General Discussion
20
01-27-2006 09:56 PM
spoon fed
General Discussion
83
12-10-2004 08:12 AM
MikeJ-2009
General Discussion
49
09-09-2004 03:59 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: another 500.00 well spent


Contact Us Sitemap Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.