Engine Management eCtune , Crome , AFC , FMU , Zdyne , Hondata , EMS , TE , Uberdata Anything to control your fuel, spark needs!

MSD IGNITION

Old 01-04-2007, 04:39 PM
  #1  
1.0 BAR
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 217
Default MSD IGNITION

is the 6AL msd ignition work good with honda civic ?
hany is offline  
Old 01-04-2007, 04:41 PM
  #2  
3.0 BAR
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 6,036
Default Re: MSD IGNITION

for what
ososlohatch is offline  
Old 01-04-2007, 04:47 PM
  #3  
0.0 BAR
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 0
Default Re: MSD IGNITION

ignition i assume. sure run it, if you want to.
Smith-02 is offline  
Old 01-04-2007, 04:57 PM
  #4  
1.0 BAR
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 217
Default Re: MSD IGNITION

Originally Posted by ososlohatch
for what
for the d16z6 and for b18b
hany is offline  
Old 01-04-2007, 07:24 PM
  #5  
3.0 BAR
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 6,036
Default Re: MSD IGNITION

0 to 1 h.p. gain ... not bad for 300 bucks
ososlohatch is offline  
Old 01-04-2007, 08:08 PM
  #6  
1.5 BAR
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 752
Default Re: MSD IGNITION

Just my opinion, but i've had nothing but problems with msd's coils and igniton amplifiers. Got a brand new SCI igniton and an external coil setup. Ran good for about 2 months and started misfiring occasionally, car wouldn't start sometimes, stalled out on the highway going about seventy once... Just a lot of dumb ----. Tore it out and put it in a box in my garage never to be touched again... Still have it if you want it
biscuit is offline  
Old 01-04-2007, 08:28 PM
  #7  
0.0 BAR
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 0
Default Re: MSD IGNITION

Originally Posted by biscuit
Just my opinion, but i've had nothing but problems with msd's coils and igniton amplifiers. Got a brand new SCI igniton and an external coil setup. Ran good for about 2 months and started misfiring occasionally, car wouldn't start sometimes, stalled out on the highway going about seventy once... Just a lot of dumb ----. Tore it out and put it in a box in my garage never to be touched again... Still have it if you want it
stupid ---- get a refund then. do you know nothing about warranties? full refund.
Smith-02 is offline  
Old 01-05-2007, 05:31 AM
  #8  
1.0 BAR
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 217
Default Re: MSD IGNITION

Originally Posted by ososlohatch
0 to 1 h.p. gain ... not bad for 300 bucks
my aim is controlling the timing ignition with boosted engine.
hany is offline  
Old 01-05-2007, 06:59 AM
  #9  
0.0 BAR
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 0
Default Re: MSD IGNITION

Originally Posted by hany
my aim is controlling the timing ignition with boosted engine.
you know nothing about universal ignitors lawlz
Smith-02 is offline  
Old 01-05-2007, 07:45 AM
  #10  
1.5 BAR
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 786
Default Re: MSD IGNITION

yeah you cant control ignition with the 6al, you need an msd boost timing master which retards your ignition a certain amount per psi of boost. i think the msd 6BTM does both whatever the ---- the 6AL does plus has a built in timing thing..... so there ya go
AJxr is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MSD IGNITION


Contact Us - Sitemap - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.